Gratitude

 Today I got my new journal in the mail. While I do love just free styling in my journal that I carry in my purse whenever I feel the need, I wanted something with prompts - to make me think a little deeper and in ways I maybe haven't and won't think of on my own.


Soul Therapy by Jacqueline Kademian is what I settled on. It just got here today and I did my first entry and I am in love already. It's intended for you to use daily, for one full year. You can start it whenever, you fill in the date for each entry. You are only to do one per day, to make sure you spend time really thinking about it. I did look ahead at some prompts and I am excited for the entire thing. 

Today's prompt was simple but it just asked you to list what you are grateful for, big and small. It's one of my favorite things to do, even without a prompt. I feel like when I sit down and really do think about what I'm grateful for, I realize it's A LOT. I think about it so often, but it also feels good to actually write it out and see how abundant your life is. 

I won't share my entire entry but I of course list the standards: family, friends, my able body, a roof over my head, (sunshine and rain storms are also BOTH on my list). But once I got thinking a little more deeply,  I came up a couple other things I don't typically list when I think of gratitude. 

  • my ability to change my thoughts and habits
  • my desire to want more
  • hope that the world can and will get better
The surface items you think of when you list what you're grateful for are important of course, but I urge you to really sit and WRITE what you are grateful for, and see what your mind tells you. My basic needs being met and being surrounded by loved ones will always be the things I am always most grateful for (especially after this past year) but as it turns out, I'm also very grateful for what I possess internally in my mind and heart. 

And fuzzy socks. Always grateful for fuzzy socks. My favorite ones are CuddleDuds from Kohl's if you ever need a gift idea.

(Also grateful for anyone reading this silly blog) Until next time! 

Comments

Popular Posts