Word of the Week: Honesty

It was a long week (and short weekend) and I'm feeling slightly unmotivated BUT I still wanted do my word of the week, even if this post ends up being shorter than usual.

For this week I chose honesty. 

You owe it to the people you interact with be open and honest. I don't mean rude, by the way. Because so often people are just mean to others for no reason, only to follow up with "sorry, I'm just being honest" But, when someone asks for feedback, advice, or your opinion on something - honesty is so important.  It's not fair to just tell people what they want to hear, or what you think they need to hear. You definitely have to find the balance and work on being honest in a way that is constructive and not judgmental, which can be hard though.  

I also think it's super important to be honest with yourself always. We convince ourselves of things constantly. We are stuck inside our own heads 24/7 and our minds work in crazy ways. It's so important to take the time to be honest with yourself, about everything. 

So this post was short and sweet but just remember that if you're open and honest people, a majority of the time you will receive that back from them as well. 

Comments

Popular Posts